- Inline form validation with Django and Htmx
- Let the code settle
Gain confidence when deploying critical changes.
Why and how to fight JS fatigue with some Django.
- Endpoints matter
Entities can be identified by IDs, but also paths.
- Concurrent updates on Firestore documents
Can we achieve eventual consistency? Maybe something close to it?
- Reclaiming space from a big table in Postgres
After deleting columns or updating lots of rows.
- No-SQL databases are glorified caches
Thoughts on SQL vs No-SQL databases. When to use each.
- De-normalize with Firestore sub-collections for fun and profit
Can subcollections help denormalization be a not so terrible idea?
- Configuration is an API, not an SDK
A configuration architecture for the working dev.
- Deploying at 6am, a postmortem
Another chapter in the IT nightmare stories.
- Socialism works, but doesn't scale
Can libertarians and socialists agree on anything?
- Default is not set
How can you tell if an optional parameter was set or not?
- Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came
My attempt to fixing the Dark Tower series.
- Privileged victimhood
The dangers of identity politics and state imposed privileges.
- Configuration-friendly apps
Some guidelines for config management in general and Python apps in particular.
- It's the competition, stupid
Increasing your chances of prosperity.
- Calendaring events with Python
Some gotchas you'll find when scheduling the next world's doomsday.
- The Backbone events waltz
Snippets that will show you that minimalist means versatile.
- Django's signal to noise ratio
Keeping a balance between decoupled and maintenable code.
- The sorry state of jQuery plugins
Customization is not enough, some plugins simply do too much.